Muskoka Photographer – Stephanie & Darren
Nothing beats a day in Muskoka. Nothing.
The breeze off the lake, the earthy smell of the forest, the peace and calm. Brings out my inner gypsy (hippy? maybe) everytime.
So when Stephanie & Darren invited me up to shoot at Darren’s parents house on the lake I was a little giddy. We were initially threatened by weather… rain… bah, I was ready for anything. I called up my friend Alex to see if she wanted to join me for this little road trip and asked her if she’d bring her film cameras!
I have been interested in shooting film for awhile; inpsired by some of my best photographer friends I couldn’t think of a better time to try it out! So alternating my full frame Nikon, and a Canon AE-1, loaded with a Fuji 400 film, I shot a film SLR for the very first time!!!
What I learned:
- Film is FUN!!!! You have no clue exactly how its going to turn out so it feels like an adventure!
- It slows you down… this was all manual focus; and since you only get 24 shots (instead of 2400) you pause, breathe, meter, pause, breathe, compose, pause, breathe, focussssss, snap.
- The snap of the shutter! Its loud and took me by surprise! So fun.
- You have to wait to process it. Film is making a come back, but its still a challenge finding local, or Canadian labs. So you wait, like a kid at Christmas for your prints/scans to come back.
- Its EXPENSIVE! That is all.
Anyways, this whole shoot was super fun. Darren and Steph are a hoot – Darren is non stop entertainment which was awesome because Stephanie’s smile is radiant. Lots of love and fun captured!
They were joined by Lou – their 3-legged beagle, who was completely charming, with fantastic taste in beer.
Enough blabbing – here’s some engagement photos.
Lou has great taste in beer!
A little bubbly to really celebrate 🙂
Alex and I hit up Trillium on the way home <3
Amazing day all around!
Ill sign out with The Eagles, Live in 1977 – For Darren & his Dad.
If you’re looking for a Muskoka photographer, I am up for the adventure!
Another Post You Might Like: